Above on the page there're some Service PDF Manuals for AEC Trucks.
The British company AEC was created to assemble buses, but then it switched to the production of military and civilian trucks.
It was formed not without the help of a partner company that collaborated with Daimler.
After the start of the war, the AEC company began producing army vehicles X, Y and W with a 40 hp Daimler engine, of which the second generation (about 2800 units) turned out to be the most famous.
Since the autumn of the same 1914, the AEC five-ton bus chassis began to be equipped with steel armored hulls.
But the manufacturer did not stop at military equipment. Standard city buses of the company were used to transport combat units.
Already in 1919, more than 10 thousand AEC machines served in the British troops.
In the mid-1930s, the company began production of a cabover three-ton truck AEC Marshall-644 with a body made of wood and metal, 22-inch wheels and other parameters.
The truck was driven by an 80-horsepower 5.1-liter engine with a 4-speed gearbox.
Until 1941, factories produced 934 cars of this series.
During WWII, AEC produced an all-wheel drive AEC Matador truck with a two-stage transfer case and a 4-speed gearbox, a 95 hp 7.6-liter 6-cylinder diesel engine.
For the Royal Air Force, all-wheel drive chassis 0854 and 854 were manufactured for tankers with a volume of up to 11.5 thousand liters and truck cranes weighing up to 20 tons.
The 3-axle chassis became the basis for the headquarters armored vehicles ACV and 0857 with a 150 hp diesel engine. and a capacity of 9.6 liters. these trucks with a capacity of up to eight people accelerated on the road up to 50 km / h.
In total, before the end of the war, AEC developed 12 thousand all kinds of military vehicles, not forgetting to produce units for valentine tanks.
Chassis AEC Matador served as the basis for the assembly of cannon armored trucks weighing up to 14 tons with a diesel engine, four-stage gearbox and spring suspension.
The first configuration 0855 MK-I was equipped with a turret from the same "Valentine" with a 7.9 mm machine gun and a 40 mm cannon.
In total, until the end of the war, AEC produced 629 armored vehicles of various modifications.
After the war, British troops received several commercial trucks converted into military vehicles.