Above on the page there're some Service PDF Manuals, Electric Wiring Diagrams & Fault Codes DTC for INTERNATIONAL Trucks.
In the period from 1953 to 1955, many changes took place in the production plans of International Trucks in connection with the release of the L and R series machines.
In the late 50s, another truck with a cab above the engine was created, Emeryville, also known as the Highbinder.
On International Emeryville trucks of the late 50s, a windshield with a central bulkhead was installed, there was also a modification with a berth in the cab.
This peculiar truck was successfully operated in the USA and was discontinued in 1965.
In 1968, the production of a heavier CO-4070A with a more powerful and economical diesel engine began.
By 1974, the CO-4070B model was created - the first machine, on the emblem of which the inscription TranStar appeared for the first time.
During the first half of the 1980s, US agriculture was in serious economic trouble, and IH fell on hard times.
Long strike 1979-1980 damaged production, and the agricultural crisis of 1980 made things more difficult, leading to a sharp decline in sales of agricultural equipment.
The company was brought to its knees by the decision of the federal government to limit toxicity and increase the specific characteristics of automobile engines.
In order to survive in the new conditions, the company began to withdraw from many business sectors, in the process of which it lost most of its divisions: the production of construction equipment:
- Construction Equipment Division was taken over by Dresser Industries;
- Solar Division (turbine production) - to Caterpillar;
- Cub Cadet (lawn and garden equipment) - to MTD Products;
- Agricultural Division (agricultural division) - to Tenneco, Tenneco merged this division with their subsidiary JI Case;
- Scout & Light Truck Parts Business (parts and light trucks) in 1991 to Scout / Light Line Distributors Inc.
By 1985, all that was left of International Harvester were the truck and engine divisions, and on February 20, 1986, the company changed its name to Navistar International Corporation.
IHC also used the International brand on construction equipment and trucks, and the brand continues to be used on products from International Truck and Engine Corporation, a subsidiary of Navistar.