There're 2 IFA truck manuals PDF & electric wiring diagram above the page.
The production association Industrieverband Fahrzeugbau (IFA) with headquarters in Chemnitz was founded in 1948.
Under the IFA brand in the East Germany, front-wheel drive small cars derived from the pre-war DKW, as well as trucks and buses, were produced.
Other products of the consortium were EMW, Trabant and Wartburg passenger cars, Framo, Barkas, Robur and Multicar trucks, Simson and MZ motorcycles.
The state conglomerate IFA existed until 1991, when all of its factories were privatized.
The Automobilwerk Eisenach enterprise, which since 1947 was part of the Soviet-German joint-stock company Avtovelo, resumed the production of pre-war cars as early as 1945.
The BMW 321 2-door sedan was launched first, followed by the BMW 326 4-door sedan in 1946, as well as the BMW 327 sports coupe and convertible.
These machines were equipped with an overhead valve in-line 6-cylinder engine with a volume of 1971 cm3 and a power of 45-55 hp. and 4-speed manual transmission.
In 1949, the West German company BMW filed a lawsuit demanding that the illegal use of its trademark be stopped.
Then the Bavarian factory was renamed Eisenacher Motorenwerk, the brand became known as EMW, and the white and blue propeller logo was repainted in white and red.
In the same year, the prestigious EMW 340 model appeared, which inherited its chassis from the BMW 326, but received an updated body with a horizontal grille and headlights integrated into the front fenders.
In the early 50s. the 4-door sedan was joined by the 3-door wagon and wagon.
Until 1955, about 9,000 units were built at the Eisenach plant. BMW/EMW 321, 16 units BMW 326, 505 units BMW/EMW 327 and 21083 units BMW/EMW 340.
The Zwickau plant was restored in 1948 and production of the pre-war DKW F8, renamed the IFA F8, was soon resumed.
It was a simple front-wheel drive car with a plywood body, equipped with a two-stroke in-line 2-cylinder engine with a volume of 684 cm3 and a power of 20 hp.
It was produced in 2-door sedan, 2-door convertible, 3-door station wagon and 3-door van versions.
At DM 8,415, the DKW F8 was the cheapest car on the West German market, but it remained out of reach for most East Germans.
From 1948 to 1955 the plant built 26254 units IFA F8.
As a war trophy, the occupying authorities got the technical documentation for the prototype of the next DKW F9 model, which was to go into production in 1940.
This car differed from the DKW F8 in a streamlined all-metal body and a 3-cylinder two-stroke engine with a volume of 910 cm3 and a power of 28 hp.
A pre-production version of the small car called IFA F9 was presented at the Leipzig Trade Fair in 1948, but due to a shortage of steel, it was put on the assembly line two years later.
However, the company Auto Union itself, which resumed its work in Germany, was able to produce a similar model DKW F91 only in 1953.
By that time, the IFA management decided to move the IFA F9 assembly to the Eisenach plant, as a result of which the model was renamed EMW 309.
At the same time, the 2-door convertible, 3-door station wagon (Kombi), 2-door pickup and 4-door open Kubelwagen for the army and police joined the 2-door sedan.
Total from 1950 to 1956. 40663 units were produced. IFA F9/EMW 309, after which it was replaced by the Wartburg 311.
Meanwhile, the Sachsenring factory in Zwickau organized the assembly of the budget car AWZ P70 Zwickau, a derivative of the IFA F8.