Above on the page there're some Service PDF Manuals & Electric Wiring Diagrams for AUTOCAR Trucks.
Autocar was founded in 1897 by brothers Lewis and John Clarke, and its first name was The Pittsburgh Motor Vehicle Company for two years until it was changed to Autocar in 1899.
January 1, 1900 can be called the birthday of one of the most popular tractors in America, on this day the plant was laid in Erdmoor, Pennsylvania.
Here are two more innovations - Autocar built the first cars in the United States with a driveline, and spark plugs were the first to use porcelain insulators.
In 1908, in order to increase the useful space of the cargo platform, Autocar first created a truck with a cab located above the engine.
The Autocar design is more suited to the definition of “with an engine located under the seat”.
This company, before trucks, produced small buses with units under the driver's seat and the frame of the car.
The first cargo Autocar appeared in 1907, and the next year the 1-ton model "XVIII" with a wheelbase of 2160 mm began to be produced in small batches.
In 1953, Autocar, which was in financial trouble, came under the control of the White company.
Production was moved to Ixton, Pennsylvania.
The company began to specialize in the manufacture of chassis and tractors for construction, logging, coal and oil industries, and road services.
Their basis was the heavy models of the former "C" and "DC" series.
In an effort to increase their carrying capacity, in 1958 Autocar launched the A series of hoods, which included two base tractors A70T and A75T (6 × 4) with an aluminum frame, cab and chassis parts.
This made it possible to reduce their own weight by a quarter and increase their carrying capacity by 2.5 tons, which gave the company hope for their use as mainline tractors.
The new C65 and C90 bonnet trucks used White or Cummins diesels and stainless steel cabs.
In 1980, to reduce production costs, the production of the entire Autocar range was transferred to the White plant in Ogden, where Western Star trucks were built.
The following year, the Swedish company Volvo became the new owner of White.
With the formation in 1988 of the Volvo-GM Heavy Truck Corporation group with the White GMC trademark, the Autocar division continued to assemble the same chassis that united in the “ACL” range.
It included several unified models from “ACL42” to “ACL84” with wheel formulas entered into their indices (4x2, 4x4.6x4, 6x6, 8x4).
Trucks had a gross weight of 15.9-44.5 tons, as part of a road train - up to 105 tons.
If all the products of the new company were branded “White GMC”, then the trucks of the Autocar division were called “Autocar White GMC”.
Since July 1995, on all trucks, the White GMC brand has been replaced with Volvo, but the ACL series still bears an additional Autocar plate on the sides of the hood.