Above on the page there're some Tech PDF Manuals for ALBION Trucks.
Scotland's largest truck company, Albion, is one of the most famous British companies that died under the ruins of a collapsed car in the 60s and 70s. UK automotive industry.
The Albion Motor Car Company was founded in 1899 on the site of a repair shop on Finniston Street, Glasgow.
It was founded by two young graduates of the University of Edinburgh, Thomas Blackwood Murray and Norman Fulton, who worked for one of the first British car companies Arrol-Johnston.
The creation of the firm was financed by John Murray, Thomas's father, who suggested the ancient name for the British Isles.
The first passenger car Albion in 1900 was a tall unsightly 4-seater carriage on wooden wheels with a 2-cylinder 8 hp engine located horizontally under the frame and a long handle to control the front wheels.
In 1902, a large wooden box was put on the car, turning it into a van for transporting 500 kg of cargo.
The engine power was soon increased to 10 hp. At the same time, the production of passenger cars with engines of 8-16 hp began, for which Murray developed and patented a device for lubricating the working bodies, which was driven from the driver's seat.
He then invented a simple low voltage ignition system which was used until 1923.
Since 1903, on the basis of Albion cars, variants with onboard platforms or vans have been produced.
Among them was Albion A3 model with a carrying capacity of 750 kg with a 2-cylinder engine (2.7 liters, 12 hp), produced until 1915.
In 1951, Albion was acquired by Leyland.
Until the end of the 50s. the production of older models continued, but gradually the influence of Leyland became stronger.
Meanwhile, Albion continued to improve its trucks.
On the 7-ton truck model Albion SNZA Chieftain they began to install a new diesel engine Albion (5.5 l, 94 hp), but on the 9-ton Albion CD21 Clydesdale truck they already used a 6-cylinder Leyland engine with a capacity of 105 hp.
Until 1957, the 3-axle series Albion FT107 Reiver truck with a carrying capacity of 10 tons was produced with an old cab, and in 1958 the 15-ton Super Reiver received a cab from the trucks Leyland Super Comet and 6.2 liter engine with 110 hp
The same fate soon befell the Albion Chieftain truck series. The last own development of Albion in 1957 is considered to be the 4-axle Calidonian with a carrying capacity of 16.5 tons.
However, independence was limited only to the modernization of the chassis, and the cabin and diesel engine (9.8 l, 125 hp) were supplied by Leyland.
The truck turned out to be a serious competitor to the Leyland Octopus truck, and soon the new management decided to rationalize the entire program.
In practice, this meant a gradual abandonment of the Albion brand truck models.
In the mid 60s. the Clydesdale and Reiver series received a new Leyland Ergomatic cab, while on the rest of the machines they simply replaced the Albion emblem with the Leyland.
Thus, the future fate of the company was predetermined.
In 1969, the program of both firms was practically no different, and three years later the Albion brand ceased to exist.